Thursday 14 October 2010

bouncing ball animation

For this of animation I had to animated a ball that uses the squash and stretch technique. At first I planned out what was going to do for my animation and after doing research on the Internet of different types of bouncy balls I decided to go with a ping-pong ball for my animation.
For more research I decided to record myself dropping two different types of balls to see how they would react when they hit the floor. One of the balls bouncing ball had more velocity as it was coming back upwards unlike the other ball a small tennis ball which he lost its velocity as it hit the floor.

 What would happen in the animation is the ball would bounce off the bottom of two cups, off a wall and then go into a cup. To keep the ball and other objects consistent I used a template which I placed behind the paper. The only thing I'm not happy about in my animation is that I was not able to keep the cup size consistent and so they look as if they are pulsating. from this animation I've learnt to get an understandingon the bounce and stretch technique and also to work on my timing on my animation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment